This is the unboxing of the Fossil Gen6 Smartwatch. This is an updated WearOS smartwatch with a newer Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+ processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage. I love this watch! Its fast, easy and comfortable to wear, integrates with some iOS apps and features (on the health and exercise side of the App Store) and, in my opinion give just about every other WearOS watch a run for its money.
If you don’t want or can’t afford an Apple Watch, then this is THE WearOS watch to get. Tech specs are directly below.
- Operating System: Powered with Wear OS by Google
- Compatibility: Wear OS by Google works with phones running the latest version of Android™ (excluding Go edition and phones without Google Play Store) or iOS. Supported features may vary between platforms and countries with compatibility subject to change.
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Wear 4100+
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB Storage
- Display: 1.28″ Color AMOLED / 416 x 416 / 326ppi
- Input: 2 Additional Push Buttons (configurable), Rotating Home Button, Touchscreen, Voice
- Sound/Actuator: Loudspeaker, Microphone, Vibration
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC SE, WiFi
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Altimeter, Ambient Light, Compass, Gyroscope, Off-body IR, PPG Heart Rate, SPO2
- Battery: 24 Hr + multi day Extended Mode **Varies based on usage and after updates install**.
- USB data cable with magnetic dock snaps to split rings on watch caseback and spins 360 degrees for ease of use.
- Approximately half an hour to reach 80%.
- Water Resistance: 3 ATM
This is by far the BEST WearOS watch I own and the best one I’ve seen to date. The biggest issue, however is its battery life. You’re going to need to play with it, based on the watch faces you use, in order to insure that you get the battery life that you need. If not configured correctly, you’re going to run out of power before the end of the day.
I will be featuring this watch in a roundup that I’m currently working on. Watch for it to hit the site. If you’e got any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them, below.