The latest release has a number of different fixes…
On 2016-12-12 the day proved to be very busy for Apple’s software release department. They released a number of different updates for their mobile platforms including wearables. watchOS 3.1.1 was released to the public with a number of different fixes.
The update included improvements and bug fixes for the following, more notable items:
- Fixes an issue that could prevent contact names from appearing in the Messages app and notifications
- Fixes an issue that could impact ability to respond to notifications
- Resolves an issue where the Stocks complication may not update on the watch face
- Fixes an issue that may prevent the Activity rings from displaying on the Activity watch faces
- Fixes an issue that prevented the dials on an analog watch face from appearing after changing the temperature unit in the Weather app
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Maps app to stay launched after navigation has ended
- Resolves an issue where the incorrect date could be displayed in the Calendar app month view
Apple’s watchOS is the platform for their industry leading wearable, the Apple Watch. Version 3.x has significant improvements over versions 1 and 2; and is significantly faster, even on Apple’s original Apple Watch, affectionately dubbed, “Series 0” by many tech industry pundits, including myself.
Apple also released iOS 10.2 and tvOS 10.1 to the public today. Common to both of these platforms is Apple’s new TV app that allows users to search and watch TV shows. The app includes Siri integration so you can control the app with voice commands.
However, don’t look to use the TV app with streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The app currently isn’t on speaking terms with those popular services yet. Whether or not that will actually happen remains to be seen, but you never know…