News Ticker

Galaxy Note 7 Grounds SWA 994

It would have been ok, had it been in the smoking section, right??

Yeah… maybe not so much.

Reports streamed in on Wednesday 2016-10-05 about a passenger’s Galaxy Note 7, that despite being powered down, began smoking and popping while passengers were boarding SWA (Southwest Airlines) flight 994 to Baltimore.

galaxy_note_7_grounds_SWA_994

The incident occurred at approximately 9:15am, local time. Arson investigators confirmed that the device in question, was a Samsung phone that had overheated, leading to smoke in the cabin, according to local news reports.

Passengers were safely evacuated from the plan, which filled with enough smoke for the crew to initiate that action. The flight was also cancelled.

Read More…

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: