Apple Releases OS X 10.8.1 Mountain Lion
Apple has released OS X 10.8.1, the first update for its Mountain Lion operating system, featuring fixes for iMessage, Migration Assistant, and audio on Thunderbolt displays.
If you’re running OS X 10.8 on your Mountain Lion compatible Mac, or if you’re waiting for 10.8.1 to be released before taking the plunge, then you’ve got some upgrading to do. Apple released OS X 10.8.1 today with the following release notes.
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials.
OS X 10.8.1 will be available for download via the Mac App Store.