I was recently fortunate enough to be selected as a Windows 7 Launch Party host by House Party. The theme of my party is, "The Ease of Setup." Since this is a brand new operating system, and since many people have been using Windows XP since the dawn of the New Millennia (read since 1999/2000, depending on when you started counting), they haven’t upgraded their operating system since they ditched Windows 98 or Windows 2000 back in the day. Yes, Windows XP sure has been around for a long time, hasn’t it. In order to make Windows 7 setup easier on everyone, I am publishing a multipart series here on JAMM and at iTechGear.
I’m planning on a six part series over the next few weeks. Without further ado, here’s what I’m going to cover:
- Part 1: Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda – Is Windows 7 Right for Me?
- Part 2: Eany-Meany-Miney-Moe – Choosing the Right Version of Windows 7
- Part 3: The Right Tool for the Right Job – Hardware Requirements and YOUR Computer
- Part 4: Pregame – Preparing for the Update..? Upgrade..?
- Part 5: Ripping the Band Aide Off: Installing Windows 7
- Part 6: Post Partum: Things to do Immediately After Install (oh, and Welcome to Windows 7!)
This is going to be an interesting time, kids. Windows 7 offers a great deal, and those of you who haven’t seen it yet, should really give it some serious consideration. It’s really something that most Windows users will like, and it hasn’t disappointed me here yet. Stay tuned, kids!